Public Policy Certificate Program
*For those who may have started another program through another group, but not yet completed it, we will allow you to transfer your credits to our program without cost or penalty.
The National Institute For Lobbying & Ethics Public Policy Certificate program is designed to provide lobbyists, governmental affairs, grassroots, social media, public relations, and corporate/association professionals at all levels, the necessary professional continuing education they need to keep pace with an ever changing profession. Over the past 15-years we have seen a dramatic change in how "lobbying" is done at all levels. We have seen changes in traditional lobbying activities to include new methods using innovative technology. These changes a long with the regulatory requirements can be challenging and why getting your professional Public Policy Certificate (PPC) is critical.
Our PPC program is not just for entry level lobbyists, public policy and governmental affairs professionals, but is a program professionals at all levels can benefit from. We understand that time is valuable today and you may not think you have time to commit to receiving your PPC. We assure you these classes are designed around the busy professional's schedule.
- Courses would combine classroom style, guest speaker, and online webinar sessions.
- To receive a Lobbying & Ethics Professional Certificate (PPC) participants will have to complete 24 credits of course work. (12 courses: 4 Required and 8 Electives)
- Required Courses: Lobbying Ethics, House & Senate Procedures, Avoiding Conflicts of Interest, Political Action Committee's & Campaign Finance Rules & Regulations
- Electives: LDA & FARA, Appropriations & Budget Process, Drafting Legislation, Government Contracting & the Regulatory Process, State Lobbying, Communications, Online Advocacy, Using new Technology, Grassroots Lobbying & Coalition building, Managing GR staff and Consultants, Building & Sustaining Lobbying and GR Program, Developing Fly-In Program, Aligning Advocacy & Communication Functions, Integrating new technologies with grassroots & Lobbying Campaigns, PAC Fundraising, Corporate Lobbying, Association Lobbying
- To maintain your designation you will need to take 4 credits every two years.
- Each course would range from 1-2 hours in length. We believe this time allotment allows us to provide in-depth training while ensuring participants can get back to their jobs. This PPC program looks to balance the need for continuing education and your busy and demanding work schedule.
- Our Public Policy Certificate program will consist of 4 tracks, which will allow a person to build a certificate program around their needs and their career goals.
- Track 1: Lobbying & Ethics
- Track 2: Grassroots & Media
- Track 3: Corporate/Association Management Training
- Track 4: Association Member-Fly In Training
- We plan to host a week long program each summer where people can complete the PPC program.
- Cost: $135 per course or $1,400 for the complete PPC.
At the completion of the 4 required courses and choice of 8 electives, participants will receive their Public Policy Certificate(PPC) credentials, which is recognized by professionals as a must have designation. This program is important at all levels and stages of your professional career. Advocating at all levels will continue to change and without your willingness to adapt you will be left behind.
Upon receiving your PPC credentials you will need to complete 2 courses every two years to keep current and in good standing. New courses will be added throughout the year for those who have their PPC and looking to keep in good standing.
- This program is not affiliated with any other educational program, certificate, or organization. The National Institute For Lobbying & Ethics is independent and not working in partnership with any other group.